Thanks to our jabber service you can use Facebook-Chat, Skype and ICQ on your good old Macintosh! Here is how we get you online:
- Get a jabber client. We recommend using Jabbernaut. Download the PPC or 68K version from the MacGarden.
- Install it on your harddisk. (really a no-brainer, right?)
- Start Jabbernaut. Choose "New Profile" from the Menu.
- In the upcoming dialog, choose new if you haven't already registered with our server. (not likely at this step)
- Now enter a username and a password. Leave the resources field alone. Enter jabber.macintoshgarden.org as the address. See below screenshot:
- After creation, choose to save your profile and put it somewhere on your hdd.
- Now login for the first time via the menu item Action --> login
- You'll be online, but without contacts. From the Windows menu choose Agents.
- If you're properly connected, you should see the Agents for ICQ, Facebook & more. See screenshot:
- Now add the respective services. You'll need to enter your credentials and it will update your contact list.
- Have fun and chat away on your trusty old Macintosh like it's still the 90s! :-)
Please send comments, ideas and bug reports to webmaster at macostoday.com